South Africa’s fastest growing luxury hotel and apartment group, The Capital, have today announced their partnership with European Tour player, Zander Lombard, which will see him wear The Capital logo on the left chest of his apparel.
With more than 12 properties in key locations all over South Africa, The Capital is a national operation and pride themselves on their cosmopolitan, luxury vibe.
With each of the hybrid hotels having world-class facilities, including conferencing, studios, suites and one, two and three bedroom apartments, they focus their attention on what really matters to the guest.
“We are excited to be backing a great sportsman like Zander. His approach to the game and drive to succeed, makes him a pleasure to watch, and even easier to support. We look forward to him becoming a player to beat”, says Garnet Basson, Chief Operations Officer for The Capital.
Having turned professional in 2015, Zander Lombard has been a permanent fixture on the European Tour since 2016 and keeps knocking on the door for his maiden European Tour victory. His first year in the paid ranks saw him claim 8 IGT Tour professional victories, which led him to finish as Rookie of The Year on the Sunshine Tour.
Lombard won the 2018/ 2019 Sunshine Tour Order of Merit, thanks to victory at the Vodacom Origins Open in 2018. His best European Tour finishes to date have been 2nd place at the 2017 Rocco Forte Open and 2016 Joburg Open, T3 at the 2018 Alfred Dunhill Championship and T8 at the Nedbank Golf Challenge.
The young South African will continue to compete on the European Tour for the 2021 and 2022 seasons, where he looks to focus on getting that maiden main tour victory and breaking back into the field of Major and World Golf Championships.
“I’m very excited to be forming a partnership with The Capital and representing their company on the global stage”, said Zander. “They have achieved so much success in such a short period of time and that in itself is inspiring to me. Their properties are truly luxurious and it’s a company that I am genuinely proud to be associated with. I look forward to following their progression as they continue to trailblaze in the corporate hotel industry”.
About The Capital:
Since its inception in 2008, The Capital Hotels and Apartments (The Capital) has achieved outstanding success in the corporate hotel industry.
The Capital is one of the largest providers of fully serviced luxury apartments and hotel rooms in the country.
- National operation with multiple properties in key locations, including nine apartment hotels in Sandton, Melrose, Menlyn, Rosebank, Mbombela, Cape Town and Umhlanga
- Fastest growing group in South Africa, opening on average two new hotels each year
- The only hybrid operator in South Africa, with 1 800+ fully serviced luxury apartments and hotel rooms
- Revolutionized the market by offering solutions for short, medium and long-term travellers (including families)
- Sandton’s only inner-city retreat, SEVEN Villa Hotel & Spa delivers five-star silver service and has Conferencing facilities
- Cost-effective frills-free accommodation tailored to modern traveller
- Owner-managed with a flat management structure, which means quick decisions, no bureaucracy, and an agile entrepreneurial approach at every level
- A disruptive and dynamic brand anchored in breaking hotel norms and fostering entrepreneurial spirit
- A proudly South African business (approx. 550+ employees’), focused on identifying opportunities for growth to provide jobs in the future
For more information, visit www.thecapital.co.za and www.sevenvillahotel.co.za